Thursday, June 07, 2007

I'm 23 and I'm a blood donor

27th of April was a very special day. I became a blood donor. I realized that I live in pasteboard world. It's not real, I can't feel it. I can't feel myself. I'm not sure I do the right things every day. People live on Earth not just for going to work to make money to buy things and then go home to rest because they're tired of making money. I realized that being helpful to other people, making good deeds is the key to happiness. I can't find the right words to explain my feelings when they took 450 ml of my blood. I wasn't scared at all, it wasn't painful. It took only 15 minutes and than I became the happiest girl in the world. Only 15 minutes and 450 ml of blood can save somebody's life. I felt like flying, I felt so alive! My doctor was more utilitarian and said my euphoria could be caused by anoxaemia :) Anoxaemia or whatever - but I liked this feeling a lot. I can help other people. My life is not senseless.

And one more thing I want to share - on May, 12th I celebrated my 23rd birthday. I'm a big girl now! And I'm frustrated I missed Robin's Beaded Journal project. I think I should organize my own Beaded Journal project, with only one participant. Myself :)



4 comments:

Robin said...

I too am sorry you missed the Bead Journal Project! This year, we have 240 official participants, from 13 countries. We have nobody from Russia. But you have a good idea! Since the whole concept is for you to stretch your creativity and technical skills, and since nothing is turned in, you can just do it on your own - participate unofficially!

If you go to the BJP blog, check the topics list on the sidebar and read those pertaining to A1. Protocol. That will give you an update on the guidelines for the BJP. The other posts may be inspirational as well.

Thanks for giving blood! It is such a beautiful gift!

How did you find my blog?

The Lone Beader® said...

Giving blood is one of the most generous things U can do:)

Tatiana Z. said...

Robin, I've found your website 4 years ago when I was looking for information about bead embroidery. I liked your works very much and since then I periodically visit your website.
One year ago I bought your Beaded Embellishment book - did you know that it's been translated into Russian? I was soooo surprised when I saw this book in Russian at my local book store! So I bought it. I must say this book is a real treasure, although I don't like the translated books much, especially when it's a craft book. For example, we don't have Ultrasuede at our craft stores - it's impossible to buy it in Russia. But in translated book they write that we can buy it at our local craft store - it's not true.

Well, I found link to your blog at Ronda Kivett's blog. I was so excited, because your blog is very interesting and inspiring. And because I'm in love with your bead embroidered pieces :)

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

Privyet!

I a enjoying your english blog!
:o)

Amber Dawn